- What is an on-demand app?
- What types of businesses need an on-demand app
- On-demand app benefits for business
- On-demand app benefits for users
Do you want to take advantage of the fast-growing gig economy? There’s no better way than creating an on-demand app for your business. This simple solution has a lot of benefits for your company and your customers. Read on to discover the details.
What is an on-demand app?
An on-demand application is a web and/or mobile solution that allows a customer to order real-time services (e.g., food delivery or scheduling a doctor consultation). The solution may be a marketplace, which is a platform that allows different businesses to publish their offerings). Or it could be a dedicated application created by a single business to increase revenue and keep up with the on-demand economy.
Both models are popular in the on-demand goods and services segment, but if you already own a business you should consider a dedicated application. We’ll outline the benefits of on-demand app development for a specific business and its customers so you can decide if this is a good business idea for your company.
What types of businesses need an on-demand app
On-demand goods and services are quite popular, so a lot of different types of businesses can benefit from the concept. Below are a few services where on-demand mobile app development makes sense.
- Housekeeping services. A maid, janitor, or an entire cleaning department can be available on request and is a good alternative to traditional referrals, especially when someone needs to clean their home or office immediately.
- Salon services. With the help of a beauty on-demand app, customers get better access to salon services because they can find the nearest location and easily book an appointment online.
- Hospitality services. On-demand food delivery is a good example of an on-demand service within this industry. Retail. Retail is evolving under the influence of big data, and more and more users want an innovative retail experience.
- Retail on demand allows for spontaneous purchases, and for many merchants, this is a great opportunity to increase sales. The main thing an app does is making your business easy to find online.
- Pharmacy services. We previously wrote about the benefits and opportunities for creating an application for your pharmacy. The article explains how the on-demand approach works for the pharmaceutical industry.
- Telemedicine. Scheduling apps for doctor appointments and remote consultation applications are the main examples of on-demand services in this industry.
- Fuel and repair services. These kinds of services fit the on-demand concept because car breakdowns generally happen unexpectedly and require urgent repair or fuel to get them back on the road.
- Laundry and dry cleaning services. Today’s consumers want a variety of everyday needs booked easily and delivered quickly. On-demand laundry and dry cleaning services and on-demand car wash apps are great tools to accomplish this.
On-demand app benefits for business
The on-demand concept is a good fit for many industries, and the examples above are just a sample. What’s more, on-demand app development offers the following benefits for your business.
- Scalability. You might start with an on-demand delivery app for your business, and in the future scale, your solution to becoming an on-demand marketplace where you host other companies and they pay you a fee for every transaction that takes place on your platform.
- Easily accessible booking. One-click booking, ordering, or scheduling is what many consumers are now used to. You can provide them with this option through an on-demand app.
- Flexible offers. An on-demand application gives you the opportunity to change your offerings based on user data. Analysis of customer purchases opens up opportunities for personalized marketing, analyzing user behavior, making smart assumptions, and developing relevant offers by using the app's built-in recommendation engine. Also, with the help of an on-demand app, you can offer discounts and bonuses motivating users to reorder.
- Customer service improvement. Modern users prefer to go online rather than make calls to find what they need. You don’t need to work on customer service improvement with an app. Just create a user-friendly, on-demand application with essential and easily accessible features, and this solution will greatly reduce the need for customer service representatives.
- User activity analytics. Analyzing the activity of users within your app helps you determine which services are the most and least popular, what distracts your users from making their purchase, and what their specific behavioral patterns are. This data can also be used to improve your solution and scale it, as well as create data-driven marketing strategies.
- Revenue gross.Mobile application revenues are growing steadily due to user demand. On-demand spending is $57.6 billion annually in the US alone. Consumers are ready to spend money in on-demand applications, so your goal is to give them the best experience by hiring a professional on-demand delivery app development company. It is a great tool for retaining users and increasing sales by encouraging repeat orders through discounts, cumulative bonuses, and loyalty programs.
- Developing your online presence. If you are looking for a new way to strengthen your online presence, on-demand mobile app development is what you need. Having a website for your company is a given these days, but an app is a modern and cool tool in the online space.
On-demand app benefits for users
On-demand delivery app development is beneficial not only for a company but also for its customers. What’s more, your own on-demand app is a great way to attract new customers who are in search of needed services immediately.
- Easy ordering. An on-demand app allows a person to find a needed service and place an order in a few clicks. This is a more efficient alternative to phone calls or personal visits.
- Real-time tracking of deliveries. Using an integrated and constantly updated map, users can track the location of the courier delivering their order. This is a must-have feature for an on-demand food delivery app since it helps users plan their schedules.
- One-click cancellation. If something changes suddenly, customers can cancel their orders or reschedule an appointment in an application like a doctor on-demand app.
- Expanded payment options. When buyers interact with the company at a physical location, they can pay for their purchases in cash or by debit or credit card. On-demand apps are often integrated with additional modern payment methods such as mobile wallets and cryptocurrencies.
- Push notifications. Customers can elect to receive push notifications and stay updated on their orders and new offers.
The on-demand economy will continue to grow. What’s more, the coronavirus pandemic has shown us that on-demand services have proven to be the only opportunity to weather the lockdown and global crisis for many types of businesses. Now is a good time for on-demand mobile app development, as this solution follows the current economic trends and meets the expectations of modern users.
Archer Software is a web and mobile app development company with vast experience creating on-demand solutions for different industries. Our proven practices and insights are helpful for creating such an application for your business. You are encouraged to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org now to help you get up to speed on this opportunity!