- What is the purpose of a pet health tracker app?
- The best pet health tracker apps that inspire
- Must-have features of a successful pet health tracking app
Millennials are more likely to adopt pets than have children, according to Forbes. While 37 million Millennials have pets, only 19 million of them have kids.
Pet owners are mobile app lovers, so your future pet management app can attract a lot of active users. Let’s find out what features you need to have if you are sure you need to build a mobile app.
What is the purpose of a pet health tracker app?
A pet health tracker app can have a lot of different features depending on its goals. Below are some of the important ones pet owners look at when deciding on a pet health tracker.
- Control your pet’s feeding schedule. Some pets need to follow a special diet that requires specific meals fed to the pet according to a strict schedule. A pet feeding schedule app, or this function as part of a pet health tracker solution, can help with this task.
- Keep track of vaccinations. This is a solution that focuses on vaccination schedules only (you should follow one according to your pet’s needs and healthcare standards), or you can manage the schedule yourself with the help of an app and your vet.
- Control pet activity. Staying active is also important for the proper development of your pet so apps such as a fitness tracker for cats or dogs and a dog walking app allow a person to control everyday activity and adjust it according to the pet’s needs.
- Stay informed on the overall condition of your pet’s health. Most pet health tracker apps provide features for recording changes in your pet’s health. When combined with artificial intelligence (AI), these tools can suggest some actionable steps on how to maintain or improve your pet’s condition.
- Provide your vet with accurate information about the changes in your pet’s well being. With all the information about the health of your pet and recent changes in your pocket, your vet will be able to make fully-informed decisions on a treatment plan, vitamin intake, and activity adjustments.
The best pet health tracker apps that inspire
- Fuzzy Life Vet Care. This is one of the best applications on the market for pet parents, with a special focus on pet health and care issues. The app provides user-friendly and convenient pet health information recording and tracking, plus with its help, you can connect with knowledgeable vets and get emergency consultation from these professionals.
- PupTox. This is an app for pets that focuses on their health safety by providing information on the substances that are toxic and dangerous for animals, plus the way to help your pet if you know that he/she ate something from the list. For example, chocolate is quite poisonous for dogs.
- Pet First Aid. This is a life-saving app for your pet since it contains tons of articles, tutorials, and videos on how to respond in an emergency situation.
- Pet Growth Notes. This is a handy solution to keep track of your pet’s growth milestones. With the help of this puppy age tracker, you can measure and record a pet’s height and weight, write down his/her achievements, create a vaccination schedule and customize your reminders.
- myPet. This is an all-inclusive solution for multiple pets owners since it allows you to create several pet profiles and include all the details you have on each pet. For example, you may keep a pet’s personal and medical information within this app, manage events like dog shows, update training history and even control what is spent on your pet’s care.
Must-have features of a successful pet health tracking app
Below is the list of the features you can develop for your future pet application. Make sure to choose only those ones that your target audience expects to have according to their needs, plus find the ways to make them better compared to the solutions provided by competitors.
- Pet’s digital profile. This is a core feature of any pet app since it contains basic information about the pet like age, address, breed, and name.
- Multiple pets. If you know that a large share of your target audience has several pets, it makes sense to provide the opportunity to create separate profiles for each of them.
- In-app activity tracking. This feature may be a core one if you want to develop a cat or dog activity tracker, or it may be one of the functions of a broader solution to keep track of pet health. This feature needs to be integrated with a wearable device like a smart dog collar.
- Monitoring pet’s weight. Keeping track of a pet’s weight is important for its overall health.
- That’s why your pet app needs a feature to record it. Also, you may think about creating a specific app to help pets with weight loss or establishing a nutrition regimen. Track pet's vaccine schedule. Vaccinating your pets on time is essential for their health protection. This feature of a pet health tracker helps users follow a vaccination schedule and plan ahead.
- Full medical records. A cat or dog health tracker should also have a feature for keeping all medical records in one place so that the users can easily update them and share them with a vet.
- Set reminders on everything your pet needs. Most pet health trackers allow you to set customized reminders on the specific needs of your pets, upcoming events, medicine, and other caretaking items.
- Nearby service providers. If you are thinking about a dog sitting app, for example, there should be a search feature that will help customers get in touch with people who are available to spend time with their dogs. Or, you may come up with a vet clinic database so pet owners can find the nearest clinic or hospital to book an appointment or in case of an emergency.
- Access to online veterinarians. Telemedicine opportunities should be available to pets and their owners. Your pet health app may have a feature for getting in touch with vets online for checkups and to get emergency consultations via video calls.
- Pet wellness score. If you want to utilize artificial intelligence for your pet health app, you can empower it with data analyzing capabilities. For example, after analyzing the available information about the pet, the algorithm may come up with a pet wellness score and suggestions on how to improve it.
- Pet tag connection. Integration with a pet tag is essential for a lost pet finder app since the application will allow a person to find out where the pet is with the help of tag-embedded GPS.
- Pet-friendly places. This is a must-have feature for a dog dating app since it helps pet owners find pet-friendly cafes, restaurants, hotels, and other venues and adventures, as well as meet other dog or cat owners.
- Track pet spending. Pet care isn’t cheap. A spend tracking feature allows owners to stay within budget when planning pet-related expenses.
- Pet training programs. This is an essential feature of a dog training app, but it may also be a part of a pet fitness tracker or health monitoring solution.
There are quite a lot of ideas you can bring to realization by creating a cat and/or dog app. There are two basic strategies to follow. You can either create an all-inclusive app for pet owners that covers everyday needs or focuses on a specific task of pet owners. Both strategies require careful market research and strong technical expertise. Our team is ready to help you with this task, and we would be happy to hear from you and discuss your pet app idea!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.