Volvo Car Corporation is a premium car manufacturer founded in Gothenburg, Sweden. The company manufactures and markets sport utility vehicles, station wagons, sedans, compact executive sedans, and coupes.
Volvo Cars needed a way to engage with their existing customers and prospects on the Norwegian market and to improve their Volvo brand.
Volvo Cars commissioned Brightstar Software in partnership with Archer Software to develop from scratch a mobile Android application for viewing information about Volvo vehicles as well as news and updates from the company.
Archer’s Android team developed a mobile application, which features the following functions:
- Announces the latest news from Volvo
- Gives the technical details and the gallery of all Volvo models
- Shows the list of nearby dealers and distances to them
- Places calls to dealers/Volvo/Help, etc.
The application is issued to the Android market and it fully satisfies Volvo’s needs.
Tools and Technologies
- Libs: Android (core, SAXParser, JSON),
- Facebook SDK,
- Twitter SDK,
- Android Commons (private lib)