Medoc Ltd., established in 1990, is a leading developer and manufacturer of neuro-diagnostic medical systems used to assess and monitor acute and chronic pain. The company’s products are based on technologies that test and evaluate the function of small and large peripheral sensory nerve fibers – an important value-added tool for the burgeoning pain management market.
Medoc's PATHWAY Pain & Sensory Evaluation System introduces revolutionary new technology and capabilities in the area of objective evoked pain potential and advanced stimulator products.
Medoc develops a number of devices such as:
- TSA-II – NeuroSensory Analyzer is a precise, computer-controlled device capable of generating and documenting response to highly repeatable thermal and vibratory stimuli, such as warmth, cold, heat-induced pain, cold-induced pain or vibration.
- The AlgoMed – Computerized Pressure Algometer is the first software-based computerized Algometer to offer real-time visual and auditory feedback to control and monitor applied pressure rates.
- Q-Sense / Small-fiber Test is a portable, easy-to-use and affordable system for a clinic, clinical research and pharmacologic trial use.
Medoc needed a reliable software development team able to deliver the top-notch embedded software based on cutting-edge technologies. The key requirements to development included on-time delivery, user-friendly interface, easy-to-manage team, and cost-effective solution.
- Archer provided a flexible and feasible outsourcing model: Archer’s remote team has been working with onsite Medoc’s engineers in a very close connection to create a unique integration of low level and front-end software for a brand new medical device.
- Archer has developed a user-friendly client application interface to make the medical device easy to use on a daily basis.
- Being a partner of Medoc for more than 12 years, Archer has developed a unified platform for all implemented Medoc’s devices.
- Archer enabled Medoc products to be certified against IEC 62304 international security standard of medical devices software.
- Archer expertise has gotten Pathway system to the completely new, much more effective and safer stage.
- Outsourcing software development to Archer saved Medoc ~$500K.
- R&D outsourcing allowed Medoc to focus on the core activities that have made the company successful. Medoc was able to expand its product line and therefore to reach a highly competitive position on the market.
Tools and technologies:
- C# (client application), .NET 4.0, WPF, IDE VS 2017, SQL CE 4.0
- Mindscape for charts, DevExpress UI components,
- Stimulsoft .NET for reporting, NSIS
- С (firmware), AutoCad, Solid Works,
- IDE μVision , Keil C compiler,
- NetBeans IDE, ARM-GCC, CMSIS
- Azure App Services, Azure SQL Server, SendGrid